Saturday, October 17, 2015

We were created to have joy


October 7, 2015



Dear Mom and Dad,       




 My week was good, one of the slower weeks, but still good. The family is doing great. We taught the the Word of Wisdom yesterday and they accepted it so easily. They said that they were going to get rid of all the tea that they had, it was pretty cool. Haha it drives me nuts a little bit every time that we have to give a blessing because the names are really long and I can never remember them hahah. Nothing happened with transfers, I'm still with Elder Sosa in the same area. I was getting tired of being changed, I'm glad I didn't leave again. We are teaching about 15 or 16 every week and there are many hours that we don't have anything to do, so only 3-4 lessons a week would suck. We have about 10 investigators in church every week. The sunburn is fine, I peeled a little on my neck but that's it. I don't like sunscreen mom, you know that. Being a lifeguard made me learn to hate sunscreen haha. Oh trust me, I tell them to try water polo and they just refuse.

I liked conference a lot too. I didn't know who any of the new apostles were, but they all seem to be really good and strong. Yeah, Pres Monson is wearing out slowly, I think that he still has some time though. I think that the next to go will be Elder Hales. I think that Elder Nelson would be an amazing prophet. Ever since he came here to talk to us, I've loved him a million times more. His talk this conference was really awesome, sad, but spiritual. We watched that talk with that family, they liked it a lot as well. Haha I miss the conference breakfasts that we had.

 Jackson is the first, haha he carries a legacy with him. Right now at this moment the family reunions would be kind of lame, there is only one kid! Who of all your kids do you think will have the most kids? I really want to see the Minions movie, it looks so funny. Did you know that they were created by Mormons? Fun fact of the day.

Haha you should try P90X Insanity, I've done that a few times in the mission. That really about kills us, but it's a lot of fun. They really got married four years ago? Man I feel like it was just last year. How long have Heather and Cody been married? I remember playing at the reception of Josh and for real there is no way that was four years ago.

Yup, two of my companions have gone home already! I got an email a couple of weeks ago from Elder Henderson, he's doing great, enjoying his life in the middle of nowhere haha. Well thanks for the email again, have a great week! Keep in mind what Nefi said, we were created to have joy, so enjoy life!

Love,
Elder Stam    




No comments:

Post a Comment