Thursday, July 30, 2015

We are going to have a baptism this Sunday!

Mom,   


The new sector is awesome, I like it a lot. It has a little bit of everything, rich area, poor area, but children of God for sure in all parts. Elder Calvillo is awesome, he's a good hardworking missionary. We are going to have a baptism this Sunday with a 17 year old girl named Joscelyn. I haven't taught her much, but she's awesome and definitely has changed a lot. She has a pretty strong testimony, and she's definitely making the right decision getting baptised. He's been out about 20 months, another older companion haha. That's okay though. No you don't know the people I taught via email, it was someone I taught here in the mission. We are teaching a few other people, they aren't progressing a lot, but they are progressing. Our church starts at 11 so they have no excuse for not going to church. We live in a house. I don't know the address, it's some street that's like four words long.. but it's close to the hospital El Pino, if you want to look that up.

Haha that would be crazy if you moved, so don't do that. My expected return date is July 26th, so if that's true, I have less than a year left. It might be extended though, when we get a new mission president. I don't know though, the older missionaries said that the change when President Cook got here was 8 weeks instead of 6. Dad told me a lot of people that got their mission calls and where they're going.  Wow all those friends are really already coming home?? That definitely was not two years.  I was going to say the same thing before I read what you wrote . It's better to serve God than man.

They're paying for Joshua's flight to come interview? That's awesome, flying is too expensive. I think that the family just needs to stop and really think about things for a minute. I don't want to be rude but some of it is really stupid. I'm old enough now to realize that. Hopefully they fix things though, I would hate to see any of my family in the big and spacious building.

Zone conferences are awesome, I love hearing from president. He's a genius. In the weekly letter that he sends to all of us every week, he's been answering questions about the sacrament and going pretty in depth, I've learned a lot. There's a lot to study about the gospel, I wish I had more time haha. Yes I bought a few things, so don't worry. Stories? I don't know, I'm so bad at remembering stories. But that's why I have a journal. Sorry.

Well thanks for writing me mom, have a great week!

Love,
Elder Stam

Santiago, Chile Temple


Dad,

Wow that's a lot more missionaries than I thought! That's awesome though, hopefully they all have an amazing mission.  President told us a few months ago that they were going to put fewer missionaries in our ward. We were at about 250 missionaries, and he said that we will have about 180-200 at the end of the summer. At the end of this change there are like 29 missionaries going home, and again only like 10 or 11 arriving.

Well my expected return date was July 26th, so if that's true, I have less than a year left.  I already have a little less than three weeks before I would start school, so hopefully it won't be extended. I would like a little bit of time before I have to start studying again. When Alma finished his mission, he had time to rest too.

Mom is always crazy about those pictures, she needs to learn more patience haha. Have a great week!

Love,
Elder Stam

No comments:

Post a Comment