Sunday, January 10, 2016

Surprised I was transferred, but life is good.

December 30, 2015


Mom,          
Transfer day, Elder Stam was sad to leave this area. 


So President Cook told us yesterday that we would be writing today. So the letter is going to be a little shorter because I don't have anything to respond to. But it was nice talking to you guys and seeing you all last week! I hope that you all had a wonderful Christmas, and that you have an amazing new year. It's crazy that we are already starting 2016. I come home this year!!!

So the big news of this week is that I was transferred again. :( sad, I really liked that sector. I think that it was the hardest area for me to say goodbye to. I had a lot of friends there. I didn't think that I was going to leave either, Presidente told me in our interview that I would most likely be there another change. But it looks like God wanted something else. Now I'm in the area El Parrón. It's in the zone la cisterna sur. My companions name is Elder Baker, he's from New Mexico, and we are serving as district leaders. So that's that. He has been out on his mission about 21 months, so it looks like I am going to be his last companion. I'm thinking that this might be my last area, but I really have no idea. When he goes home, I'll have about 4 months left. I hope that this is my last area, because it's my sixth and I think that if I get changed it would be like a month before I came home, and I wouldn't be too happy about having to learn a new area right before going home. But we will just see what God's will is.

Well there isn't much more to tell you, life's good, it's still really hot outside, probably will be for a few more months. I just hope that you guys have a fun new years, and that you send me pictures!!

Love,
Elder Stam


Jan 1, 2016

Dear Mom,

Alright, so I don't have a lot of time, but I'll answer your questions. I thought Jackson was a little cutie pie, it's gonna be crazy to meet him in person when he almost has a year, but that's okay, I should have more nephews and nieces to come. I am pretty sure the members were sad. They were a little shocked because it was really unexpected. Another Elder and I were both transferred and we both thought that we were going to stay one more change there. I don't know a ton about the new area, but so far it seems pretty awesome. It's a ton different than my last sector or than any other sector I've really had. It's limits are Gran Avenida, Vispucio, El Parrón, and la Granja. I live with just my companion, and we live in a little shack I'm going to say behind the house of a member. It's not a bad house though, it's pretty big for just two people. My new companion is pretty cool, he's really funny, I am sure that we will get along really well. From what they have told me, there are about 50 people at church every week, but to me it seems that there are a lot of members, so we will see on Sunday. I wouldn't say that it is upper class, but the people here are more economically stable here. It's normal for a missionary to be in an area for 6 months. And if you really want me to come home like two weeks early, I'm sure I could talk to president and he would let me stay here until I go home. We don't do much, we need to be an example for the other missionaries, we pass numbers to the zone leaders, and we give the district meeting classes. The teaching here is good, but you always need to be finding new people. Well that's all that I have time for, have a wonderful day and happy new year also!

Love,
Elder Stam

No comments:

Post a Comment