Friday, January 22, 2016

The Lord knows the way to be happy

January 13, 2016
              

Dear Mom and Dad,       
Christmas dinner with Chilean Family



The week was good, a little long but still good. The sector is good as well. We are in the hardest time of the year right now, because there are a ton of people that go on vacations, and you can definitely tell. We try doing house contacts but it seems that there is hardly anyone at their house. I think that I will be skinnier because they give us less food haha. I weighed myself yesterday and I weighed 66 kilos, which is like 153 pounds or something like that, so I think that I have lost a little weight. I weighed 70 kilos in the MTC. We are walking a lot, almost too much. It's been killing me, especially in the sun. The sun here is so much stronger. Haha, I can't wait for that day that I swim again, it's going to be incredible. I'll try to send a picture next week of my comp and me, I don't have my camera at the moment. Elder Baker is going to school at BYU Idaho so he won't bee too far away either. Not much has been happening here, just the work of the Lord I guess haha. Our most progressing investigators are two Haitans, they're really cool. The Haitans believe a lot in God from what I can tell. They ask us a ton of questions about the Bible and I definitely leave their house every time knowing more and more about the Bible.

I do not have a Spanish accent. :P Mom, it sounds like you don't know much about the Spanish that they speak here in Chile. It's probably the hardest Spanish in the world. There are a few latinos that don't understand the Spanish when they get here. Imagine that, it's like going to a place that speaks English and not being able to understand them. I guess that you will know better when we come back here.

I have been eating mostly fruits and vegetables. Lots of strawberries, yogurt, bananas, peaches, broccoli, cauliflower, lettuce, just things like that. I've learned to like a few different things here. We definitely have to make homemade salsa when I'm home, especially since I kind of like tomatoes now. They aren't my favorite things in the whole world, but I don't really find them that bad anymore. I'll have to figure out how to make the chilean spicy salsa stuff that they have here, it's really good. What could I do to be less allergic to cats? You have to expose yourself to them more right? I'm not going to go rub my eyes after petting them, that would be one of the dumbest things I could do. I think that cats are super cute though haha. I have been thinking about Uncle David,  I don't know what it's like to be in his shoes, but I'm sure that it's hard.

The people say that Chile was a ton different only 10 years ago. It's really crazy how fast that it's changing. The Lord always knows the way to be happy, and the world doesn't. That's okay, just do what's right and we'll be more blessed. That's about it.  It's good being a district leader. It's not a ton different, we´re just in charge of a few things. I think that it will be pretty fun doing an interview, it will be interesting to talk to the people. I'm sure that I will get the opportunity. It will be cool to see the change in the people. The fruits of your labors are not always seen, but the important thing is that you are planting the seeds. That's pretty much what the whole mission is about. Planting the seeds are harvesting the plants that are ready to be harvested. God talks a lot about that in Doctrine and Covenants. Thanks for the email! I hope that you are well and without problems and that you have a wonderful week.

Love,
Elder Stam

No comments:

Post a Comment